The Accountants work in both the public and private sectors. Their role is to analyze, examine and verify the tax situation of both natural and legal persons (regnskapsfører) . The goal is to make its customers comply with national regulations and laws and the correct procedures.
Another role of the Accountant is to make sure to maximize the profits of their customers, minimizing expenses. He takes care of the registration of invoices and other accounting documents, of managing the archives of customers and suppliers and external collaborators, taking care of updating them.
Here is a partial list of some of the most common tasks for an accountant.
1. Document financial reports for customers:
– perform the audit of the accounts of the clients;
– analyze profits and expenses;
– manage general accounting and tax compliance;
– record accounting documents.
2. Manage financial records, systems and budgets.
3. Perform financial checks for customers3 (Inkasso) . Advise clients on financial matters (cost reduction, insolvencies, business improvement):
– provide financial and tax advice;
– report any irregularities.
4. Prepare basic accounting records and related registers and analyze existing ones, ensuring compliance with current regulations:
– examine accounts and financial documents;
– advise clients about tax returns and any refunds;
– calculate reimbursements.
5. Supervise the timing of payments.
Collect data and manage the accounts of individuals or companies.
Analyze accounting records.
Manage revenue and payments.
Ensure the accuracy of general accounting and tax compliance.
Ensure that the accounting books comply with the regulations in force.
Write financial reports and advise clients on possible cost reductions.
Carry out the tax return and prepare the necessary documentation to obtain any refunds.
Perform budgeting procedures.
Define the periodic calendar of financial deadlines.
Required Skills and Qualifications
Excellent communication skills:
communicate clearly, both in written and verbal form, in order to interact effectively with customers and colleagues;
explain financial procedures to customers, simplifying technical language, often complex;
write detailed and accurate accounting reports knowing how to explain to customers;
know how to work in a team.
Be particularly attentive to details:
analyze receipts and detailed financial information;
accurately insert the data in the mandatory accounting records using the supplied software;
fill in the accounting documentation and the related counts.
Exceptional mathematical skills:
perform more or less complex calculations;
know the basics of analytical accounting.
Excellent organizational and time management skills:
work for several clients simultaneously;
compile the accounting documentation of different customers;
Good analytical skills:
analyze income and expenses to identify possible reductions;
have a methodical analytical approach;
analyze the budget;
find solutions to increase efficiency.
Excellent computer skills:
use accounting software;
learn about the specific programs provided (regnskapsfører kristiansand) , in particular the use of spreadsheets.
High levels of integrity and honesty.